PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5-4-2010

Shane & Cathy
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone, This is Cathy From Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop right here in Tomahawk. We've been hammering the Northerns this past week as they have been creeping in shallow bays and emerging weedbeds searching for food. Use Mepp's #5's or any type of larger crankbait. Walleye action has been best in the morning hours, you've got to get up early to get the big ones!! Use rapalas along fallen trees and submerged timber. Original Floaters in perch color have been working great. During the day, search for deeper holes (16-20ft) using 1/8 to 1/4 ounce jigs tipped with a minnow. Crappies are staging just outside of their spawning grounds. You can find them near submerged timber and stumps. Use slab daddys below a slip bobber for the best result. Bluegills have moved into the bays on most area lakes as they are preparing to spawn. Use waxies or leaf worms below a small bobber. Black Ant flies have been working great as well. Well, thats all for today.... This has been your weekly update from catch'n em Cathy.

supra8795
05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Sounds great. We will be heading up there on tuesday of next week the 11th. As of right now the weather doesnt look to good. I really hope that changes. We should be to your shop around 1 to get stocked up on fishing supplies. Is live bait still working the best?

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
05-07-2010, 08:23 AM
We are having our best luck on minnows or slow moving crankbaits not much on crawlers and leeches. Looks like we are getting about 2 - 4 inches of snow Fri night thru Sat.

Dave

supra8795
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
We are having our best luck on minnows or slow moving crankbaits not much on crawlers and leeches. Looks like we are getting about 2 - 4 inches of snow Fri night thru Sat.

Dave

Yeah i heard that on the news last night that you guys were going to get some snow. Hopefully it is all gone by the time we get up there. Looks like it will be back in the sixties by the middle of next week. Do you think the cold weather is going to slow down the fishing for a few days?

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
05-09-2010, 09:22 AM
I fish a litte deeper and tighter to cover during a cold front. Stable weather (good or bad) is the key to good fishing.