PDA

View Full Version : Lunker Report

Mat Hegy
05-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Opening weekend has come and gone. With the wind blowing from the SW at 20-30 MPH boat control and feeling the jig was difficult to say the least. The Walleye bite was a little slow for me although we did get into them both days. I had two locations that were producing, the first was in 7-10 feet of water in the weeds and the second was in 25 feet of water vertical jigging the deeper holes. I know that this sounds weird, but this is where I found them. Had a few really nice fish up to 25 inches come from this pattern. I searched a lot of wind blown shoreline only to find little to no weeds shallow and zero fish in the 1-5 foot range. I caught all my fish on a 1/16 oz jig and a Fathead minnow. Every species was in the 7-10 foot range Perch, Crappie, Walleye, Northern, and Muskie we caught them all. The reel key to catching these fish was as always location, slow tapering drops that hung in the 7-10 foot range for a hundred feet or more was the key, to sharp of a drop off and they weren’t there. I will be out scouting for up coming trips this week and will keep you informed. Good luck on the water.