PDA

View Full Version : Walleye School Wrap-Up + photos

Pete Stoltman
05-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Sunday greeted the participants at Wild Eagle Lodge with a bit calmer conditions than what we encountered on Saturday. The strong winds didn't start cranking up till around noon time so we were able to hit some spots that weren't nearly as accessible on the previous day. Fishing improved somewhat and though it wasn't what I'd call a "banner day" most everyone was able to get into some fish.

We ended the day with our buddy Mat Hegy doing the chef duties and putting out a great traditional shore lunch for everyone. After dinner everyone stuck around for the weekly live broadcast of "Regular Fishin' Regular Guys Outdoor Radio". We had a chance to interview all the participants and appreciated all the nice comments directed to us and the staff and management of Wild Eagle Lodge. A particular highlight of the broadcast was when Dave from Columbus, Ohio presented Muskie Matt with his personal biker vest. Wow, it was a very thoughtful and heartfelt gift and I wouldn't be surprised if Matt slept with it on last night!

Next years Walleye School is already in the works so contact us if you'd like more info or to sign up for it. Our next big outing will be the Fall Musky School at Wild Eagle.

Jeremy Hopland
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Looks like it was a great time! I'll have to see about doing a "business trip" during one of these schools...

Pete Stoltman
05-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Here's a photo sent in from Bob from Columbus, Ohio with the muskie he caught and released.