PDA

View Full Version : Suffix Braid ?

SportJet120
05-03-2010, 02:40 AM
I recently purchased a new ABU Revo Toro 61 for musky and need to load it with line. I was thinking 65# Suffix Performance Braid. I see that the line comes in yellow, green, or fire (red). What are the advantages and dis advantages of using colored lines. I assume yellow is for high visibility and probably would be good at night. What about the other colors? What is the best choice for daytime fishing on the upper Allegheny? I don't have any experience with colored lines. Thanks, Gary

Red Childress
05-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I have read about this on many different message boards as well as a few studies regarding braided line colors. It seems that the color will not matter, whatsoever. Anything that is not transparent will cast a shadow when the sky/sun is the backdrop (fish's view looking up). I have used every color out there and have noticed nothing different.

Guys are still catching muskies with heavy gauge wire leaders ahead of their jerkbaits and have for decades. If that wire is not a deterrent, I seriously doubt any color of braid will have much of an impact.

Yellow and white are nice colors to use for night fishing.

My .02 cents.

SportJet120
05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info. Does 65# sound about right?

Red Childress
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Sounds fine to me. I use 80 and 100# stuff depending on the weight of the baits and whether I am trolling or casting.

The landing the fish would not be my biggest worry. Getting a 50 dollar lure back from a snag is my main concern.