PDA

View Full Version : Susquehanna River Muskies

catchandrelease
04-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Does anyone fish the Susquehanna River for muskies?

Red Childress
04-29-2010, 09:28 AM
There are tons of guys who do and some are members of this site.

Were you wanting to know if there are muskies in the Susky or are you trying to make connections with guys who do fish it for muskies?

Sorry for the confusion.

catchandrelease
04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm just wondering where to go. The closest access to me is in Middletown around TMI and HIA. Where's the best place to go for them. The Susquehanna is probably the best place for muskies where I live. Where does everyone get them?

Red Childress
05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Cooler creek mouths (and further up in these creeks like Yellow Breeches and The Juniata when the river water is really hot during summer) and on any weedbeds you can find. I have heard from several guys that you will see them in very shallow areas along rocky areas in the Sunbury/Harrisburg area plus the normal deep holes near slack water.

toothyfishman
05-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I've only fished up around Williamsport area and south of there. Only tried it twice but saw a surprising amount of muskies. I really enjoyed it and wished it wasn't so darn far for me or I'd fish it more often.

From the reseach I've done there is fish about anywhere and all the way up to the NY line.

Most fish we found was by wood or right at the tail end of a weed clump.
Area we were in had just like 10 foot clumps of weeds and the tail ends of the weeds swaying back and forth in the current the fish were right in the ends of the weeds blending right in.

Fish were in shallower water than I was use to finding them in the Allegheny so each trip has been a learning experience. The one thing I did learn BOTH times and was by total accident is don't try and go during the Little League World Series, there isn't a place to stay within 75 miles!!!!

I was kind of waiting to see if you'd get some better replies by guys from down that way but doesn't seem to be getting any LOVE!!!!
That's all I got for you.

catchandrelease
05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone. I was hoping for some more local info too, but I think I'm in a better smallmouth and walleye area than a musky area. I guess I'll have to take a trip upstate to see what it's like.