PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 4/26!

Shane & Cathy
04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey Guys,

Sorry we haven't posted just been really busy getting the shop stocked up with all the new fishing gear for this year.
Doing good on crappies around the trestles, fallen trees, and bigger stumps. Guys are using crappie minnows and waxies. Try some slab daddies or small spinners.
Bluegills are hitting on crappie minnows, waxies, and leaf worms. Starting to move into the bays now, use poppers or a small bobber/hook set-up tipped with worm, waxie, or minnow.
Walleye have been somewhat slow lately. Cathy and I have been out a few times looking for the legals, but all we've been getting is 12"-14" with one lucky legal under the 4th St. Bridge.
Well, I hope I've been a help for your next fishing trip. If you have any good fishing tips please post!

Thanks Guys and Good Luck,
Shane
Trophy Fish Replicas
Aquatic Arts

JimL
04-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I heard that the dam on Nokomis is closed and they are not letting any water flow out through Jersey flowage down to Mohawksin to try to increase the water levels. Is this true? I don't recall that happening before.

mperrin
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
As of Sunday their gate was at 12"--actually open farther than the 6" it was at in recent weeks. WVIC won't close it with the Rainbow and Willow being so low--it would be in violation with their contract with the FEC. The Spirit has dropped 2' in the last 2 weeks also.

JimL
04-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Well I hope you guys get some rain up there so these lake don't keep dropping.

jimr
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Shane, with the past few years being so dry, would it be possible for you to post a rain fall report maybe once a week? You can set a rain gage out on your dock or somehere.