PDA

View Full Version : John Fisher

Brian Culbertson
04-26-2010, 07:34 AM
I want to thank everyone for making my first Muskie Tournament so much fun. New member Kevin Short fished with me and he had one follow on Friday afternoon while we scouted the lake as neither one of us had been there before. The weather was perfect until Jack showed up on Saturday. We had a couple follows on Saturday morning and at 4:30 ish while trolling the south shore we had a huge rip I told Kevin to take it as he was closer to the rod. He had a real nice battle with one big jump and despite his net mans poor skills we boated a nice 42". It was Kevin's first husky,first fish trolling,and his first tourney also. No more action for us on Saturday. Sunday morning had some really nice sunshine and I did see Jack too so I guess we cant blame him for Saturdays weather. I had at least 5 follows and Kevin had a very exciting hit with the fish almost completely out of the water. Hopefully no one was offended by Kevin's explanation of his hook set. Sunday afternoons weather was wet and I will let the others share what extra boat rides get you! I had a great time and cant wait to get my first casting. I would also like to thank everyone again for making me feel so welcome to the club and helping me learn how to chase Muskies. Not to let the cat out of the bag But Ron Murdock took the Bass portion. I am sure the results will be up soon if not I will post them. Brian

Mark Steinert
04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey Brian, It was great to see you at clearfork and Nice to meet Kevin. Congrats on the sweet fish. Drenda and I had a good time despite the weather conditions. Oh, and the extra boat ride. I think I am waterlogged. Could have done without that. HAHAHAHAHA. My hat goes off to Thurman. You did a great job this weekend Thurman!!!!