PDA

View Full Version : iowa outing

jjmuskie
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
any results from the outing this last weekend?

Steve R
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
I wasnt there but I heard no muskies were caught on Saturday the day of the contest. However, Gerard brought in a nice 44"..........by the tail........snagged it while trolling.

The day before, Friday, Joe Anderegg, Geoff Crandalls partner caught a nice 37" with a Rapala with 8lb. test, I think he was casting for walleyes but he was pleased to bring in this fish. If I recall correctly I believe that two muskies around 30" were caught on Friday as well, dont have details on those.

On the plus side.........no tornados or high winds came through this year as in a few years past.

Maybe Gerard can give us more deTAILS!

Steve R

Muskie Nut
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Maybe Gerard can give us more deTAILS!

Steve R

Oh aren't we the funny one today? :D

Yep, I hooked a 44 1/2 by the tail. Trolling and Karen says its coming up. I start banging the bottom then get hung. She reels in and we turn around. I still can't gain line and its moving to the left and then the line get flatter and I see my firetiger baby bucher jnt depth raider and a tail. I got a carp? Nope, i got a muskie by the tail. It finally comes to the boat and Karen taking pics and laughing. I tell I don't think I want to hand grab this fish, would you mind getting the net? She puts together the net and then the fish wants to fight. 4 powers runs later we get her in the net. Real thick gal. I blamed Karen for trolling in the wrong direction.:D:D