PDA

View Full Version : sufix line?

McDunnoftheAllegheny
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
I just respooled my reels with sufix performance braid 80lb. anyone else used it before? I have high hopes for it.

Red Childress
04-20-2010, 06:14 AM
I love the Suffix and this is my 2nd year with it. Just re-spooled 14 reels with it this Winter and Spring.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
04-20-2010, 06:41 AM
sounds good. I'll test it out today headin to the river.

Anzomcik
04-20-2010, 06:47 AM
It is hard to compete with Red's post, but when i run out of my supply of PP i will be useing only Sufix. I tried it this winter and loved it.

catchandrelease
04-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Sufix is pretty good. I've been using it for years. The color does fade, but every other braid I've tried has the same problem.

muskyjerk
04-20-2010, 09:33 AM
I've been using tiger braid for 5 years and it has been good. broken at Knot on snags a couple of times where pressure didn't match lbs test. Using improved double clinch w/ double wrap on eye now but not always in the past.

How does suffix compare to tiger braid?

McDunnoftheAllegheny
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM
I like it it did turn my hand green though.

Red Childress
04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Tiger braid seems to absorb more water, IMO. As for performance, it was so long ago that I used TB that I have actually forgotten most details except for the absorption deal.

I will say this, I loose way more fish using braid than I ever did using 20# copolymer line but also lost way more lures, caught smaller fish because I was limited to lighter/smaller baits so there is a trade off, I suppose. The no stretch factor can be your ememy sometimes especially with erratic or fast moving jerk/glide/minnow baits.

I am sure there is a good reason Saric uses 50# mono on his trolling reels. He might be more in control with his dive charts compiled pre-braid days, or looses less fish when speed trolling or many other reasons. I would like to find out.