PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 4-19-10

Justin Mullins
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Holy cow what a weekend. It is always crazy around the shop during the PMTT. A bunch of great guys and a great tournament. To start with congrates to the big winners. Crash's Landing guide Bill Burns and his partner Scooter that use to work in the shop came in 4th with a nice double. Crash and I managed 13th which is in the money but we should have done better. Also great friends of ours Willie and Wes Lewis scored a 31 too. Great job to everyone!

Now to the important part the long awaited fishing report. Prior to the tournament the bite was not very good at all. One day on and four days off not very good in my book. The week prior to the tournament I got on some fish Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday every day got better and better and sure enough that's when the madness was just starting. This past weekend there was 35 total fish caught with a good number of big ones too. The fish was moving everywhere on the lake from last Monday thru today which we got a nice 37 which would have put us in 3rd yesterday that is how it goes. The fish have moved up onto the main lake flats, in the coves, etc.. If you find weeds especially green ones you have hit pay dirt hold on. Over the weekend the baits was a variety Super Stalkers, Hell Hounds, Rattle Traps, Jakes, one thing that was common is the colors was bright it seemed that Chart. was the color. Medussa, Bull Dawgs came into some fish too. Right now there is not a bad spot it seems I think this is a new batch of fish coming and the ones that was shallow earlier are now coming off spawn to go with it which makes a great bite right now. The water temp did drop a little bit over the weekend with the cool nights but is holding at 58 late afternoon up to 62. The weeds are starting to come on really good and the water is pretty clear in most spots.

All of us here at the shop would like to thank everyone for stopping in and buying baits. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you. Also we have a lot of great baits in the shop so if you have not made it in make sure you do so and check them out. Good luck this week/weekend!!