PDA

View Full Version : Leader/Line selection

jdzecr
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Just wondering what you guys thought about wire leaders vs flurocarbon. Are you swithing them out for the differnt types of lures your using or just picking one and going with it. Also line color -Ron at Crazy D hooked me up with some white for the year on my new toro just curious is it a personal prefrence? Always trying to put the odds in my favor - let me know what you think.

Ty- thanks for the jumbo pacemaker in stpaul - I tossed it behind my place the day I got it, nice and loud also like the tick with the wood body.

joedz

Ty Sennett
04-20-2010, 09:15 AM
I use wire everywhere I fish. I've caught fish in clear water with wire and haven't seen much difference from wire to Fluorocarbon. This is debatable of course but I'm just not one of those guys to believe it matters on most waters. Now on crystal clear water maybe, but I don't fish any waters like that so I'm not the best judge for that. Think of it this way, people caught fish ten years ago on wire before all of this Fluorocarbon leader stuff was popular. Did it make much of a difference form then to now? Not sure. Maybe someone that fishes a lot of clear water would tell me different. I do think the big swivels and leader snaps are not good. I've gone away from swivels on all of my leaders. If perch are hitting them then muskie can see them. We catch muskies on little perch jigs about the size of most swivels so they definitely can see them.