PDA

View Full Version : 4-8-10 Fishing report

Wolf River Outfitters
04-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Sorry for the delay on the report. The main reason I did not report the fishing was slow. We are starting to pick up some fish drifting. We are working hard for the fish. The water temp has dropped to 47 from 56 this week. Also the water is dirty. We are fishing with brite jigs. Try yellow and orange jigs.

I will be fishing all day tomorrow. I will give a posting on the day.

Watch the New London cam www.wolfrivercam.com (http://www.wolfrivercam.com) there is a bunch of fish on the camera.

jlhschmit
04-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Did you do any better yesterday? Wish I could go this weekend but need to take a break from the fishing. Will be back up there next Saturday.

Last week saturday, fishing up in New London, we had to fish hard but ended up with 8 fish (all on gulp) vertical jigging shallow water. Only fished gulp in the fall so I had some with me. We saw a group fishing with it and catching fish so we tried it. We did not catch a single fish on minnows, both me and my partner fished two rods, one with a minnow and one with gulp. It kind of amazed me.

I think the fishing will start to improve through the week as the water temperature rises. Last Saturday it was 56 and this week it dropped down to the mid 40's.

Next week they will be in the lower wolf. Thats my prediction.

Thanks for the reports, it helps me plan my trips up there.

Tuffman