PDA

View Full Version : Steve and Gail go to Witch Bay on April 5

Gail Hockett
04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi All,
Steve and I went to Witch Bay yesterday and we took pictures of camp.
As you can see the ice is getting thinner and more away from the shore, but it is still around the docks. It will be a while yet, before the ice is totally out of the bay, but we will keep taking pictures and putting them on this site. I also am going to attach pictures of the camp itself. When we came into camp, there was the largest eagle sitting on the lodge, but I couldn't get my camera out in time to capture it. But enjoy the pictures and as you look at camp you will get to see what it looks like before we get the camp ready for your arrival, but it does look very peaceful.
We will see you all this summer.
always,
Gail

Gail Hockett
04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Here are more pictures that we took yesterday, camp looks really good now, but wait till we get out there and fix it all up.....Gail

WBC-Regular
04-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Neat pix, Gail. Thank you!

Well, it looks like my May 1 Ice-out prediction is pretty well shot. That's ok ... it was worth the price of admission just to participate. At least that is what I will keep telling myself ... :(

Gail Hockett
04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Neat pix, Gail. Thank you!

Well, it looks like my May 1 Ice-out prediction is pretty well shot. That's ok ... it was worth the price of admission just to participate. At least that is what I will keep telling myself ... :(

I think this is the earliest ice out we will have that I can remember for years, usually we have ice close to May, but just remember next year may be May 1st......so keep trying........Gail