PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 4-6-10

Justin Mullins
04-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Wow has it gotten tough since the nice weather roled into town. Prior to this the fishing was pretty good but all I talked about to clients was we need some warm up and these fish will take off. I think they heard me or I'm dumb!! I'm sure most would be leaning toward the second!!!

The fishing has been tough on everybody everything that was working before has not really worked the water temp has raised with the sunshine into the low 50's which should be PERFECT.. Late Saturday got one and Sunday scored again but few and far between.. I think what is taking place is the fish we all were catching in the last 3 to 4 weeks in shallow water have went to spawn and I think a new batch is coming into these coves and flats because 3 weeks ago we were catching shad on our baits and I followed them into shallow water along with the fish. We caught several fish in really shallow water and boom they are gone with the shad. Then I hear the fish and wildlife guys shocked up way over a hundred in just 4 or 5 spots which most of these spots is where we all were catching fish.. I really think those are spawing and a new batch is coming in because over the weekend we caught shad again moving in both casting and trolling.. About 6 years ago I seen this same thing happen in the back of Scotts Creek there was probably 10 boats fishing nobody saw/caught/hooked anything then here came the shocking boat and made everybody there feel like a real musky fisherman!! This is just my opinion by the way somebody else might feel different. My story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Water clarity is fine north end a little clearer than south but both are in great shape. The best tip I can give is stay on the spots that always produce they will be there you just have to wait on them. I have ran all over the lake along with everybody else it has not helped me but OPEC loved it!! Bait choices are Rattle Bait, Squirrley Burt, Hell Hound, Super Stalker.. I have throwed everything but these seem to be the ticket.

Cold front coming in at end of the week. This might be what we need to make things happen.. Make sure you stop in the store new stuff coming in weekly.. Be safe out there and good luck!!!!

STILL NOT TO LATE TO SIGN UP FOR PMTT!!!! 16th,17th