PDA

View Full Version : First day out.

Mark Steinert
04-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Let me start by saying that I am very happy that you are o.k. Rob.
I had planned on spending the night but that did not happen. The winds kicked up and the water turned to mud so we decided to pull out around 5 p.m. The only problem with that is that we were down by 36/37. That was not a fun trip back. We had waves coming over the front of the toon.
We lost one trolling, It didnt feel very large but at least it was a fish. Casting didn't produce much either. I set the hook pretty hard on one only to see my Pole bend and in an instant here comes my lure like a missle and went over my head and the boat only to stick through the top of the bimini from above. I had to snip the hooks to get it off. After laughing/bitching at me, on her next cast she managed to only hit me in the leg. Good thing I had on jeans because it only stuck in them. After retrieving her lures from the trees about five more times I could take it no longer. I felt it was just not safe for the trees any longer. At least we got out and enjoyed the water for the first time this year. I hope everyone has a safe time this year.

St Clair Hound
04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Mark, next time I talk to Drenda I'm gonna tell her what you posted on here about her endangering the trees. By the way, do ya think just maybe she was throwing at you instead of the lake.