PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 3-30-10

Justin Mullins
03-30-2010, 07:26 AM
This weather is crazy one day sleet and the next day 70 drives me crazy and the fish too. I had a pretty tough weekend along with everybody we managed one little one over the weekend with a massive cold front that came in here on Friday shut things down for a couple of days. Things started showing life again late Sunday afternoon and yesterday.. My boat managed 3 Sunday, Monday, Crash's boat managed to get 2 along with sevral bass. Usually you get some bonus bass with the rattle baits my boat only has two all spring it's been so cold they have not moved in yet but signs show they are coming along with warmer water, and warmer weather. Starting today with a high of 60 the rest of the week is mid to upper 70's with sunshine and the nights are not going to drop below 50 which is the key. Right now the water temp is 46-49 I always meet the middle to be safe I would say by end week the water temp will be a strong 49-50 with late day heat on the surface of probably over 50. The true water temp is what you will have starting out in the morning. Fish are scattered out with some already moved in really shallow along with most still moving in. We need some water bad with lake level still 4 1/2 feet below summer pool it's hard to get the rattle baits through the old weeds and that is going to hold up some fish moving into shallow water. I would say this is the week to be fishing by the weekend I look to see a bunch of big fish caught hopefully in my boat!!!HA.. Water clarity is getting clearer we have had some rain the last couple of days so I look for run off water to come in which will probably stain the water starting in the river/beaver first then move down the next couple of days will tell. Beaver/River has been producing fish along with the main lake so don't pay attention to the stained water just fish it. Baits have not changed still Rattle Baits producing the most, along with Sledges, Squirrley Burts, Hell Hounds have produced too.

We are officially open now we will have things coming daily/weekly so make sure you stop in.. Also we are running a 2 day fishing special for 2 guys check out the website on it take advantage of it things are going to rock soon.

Don't forget your parking passes we do have them in the shop. Good luck this week I will see you on the water..

Also the PMTT is only 17 days away hopefully they won't be in spawn by then I really look for a great tournament. They still have some openings and it's open to the public look into it and fish it's a great time..