PDA

View Full Version : Flowage pics

Ty Sennett
03-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Here are a couple more pics from the last two days:

The picture with the turtle on the ice is crazy. I have never seen anything like that or heard of that. It's hard to tell from the picture but it was a very big snapping turtle.

And, before everyone flips out on Musky Hunter on the size of the jawbones, they were big teeth on a little fish. The actual jawbone itself was small but boy did it have a good set of chompers.

The bridge picture is by Herman's Landing looking west. I think the lake is filling from east to west this spring because there is more open water on the west side than the east meaning the flow is going west. Not much runoff coming in on the west side. The lake is filling pretty fast though. I'd say the lake is around two feet low. That's just a guess. I'll check the water level meter at the bridge in a couple days.

Ty Sennett
03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Messed up my pics. Here's the one I didn't get posted. A computer wizz kid I am not.

Favrefan
03-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's a link to the lake level data, if it works.

http://www.cfla.us/level.htm

Indigoiguana
03-20-2010, 06:51 PM
That looks like a 'Flintstone' hair comb to me... which brings up this question. If the Flintstones cartoon had both Wilma and Betty looking pretty fine, why did the movie version have Elizabeth Perkins as Wilma and Rosie O'Donnell as Bettyż Doesn't make sense.

MS

Cold Front
03-21-2010, 08:55 PM
The "snow turtle" is amazing! They look even more prehistoric in the snow, never even occurred to me that they would be caught out in those conditions. I think the teeth in that jawbone were lodged there when the world record fish attacked and killed that little one. It's quite obvious when you do some photogramwizardry that those fangs aren't original to that jawbone! The WR is alive and well and killing lesser fish of the flowage.

Snizz
03-22-2010, 08:41 AM
The WR is alive and well and killing lesser fish of the flowage.

You're probably right...but I dont think it's in the normal spots that we fish, like weeds and rocks...Prolly hanging out at 25-30 feet in the old river channel munchin on catfish...Time to start jigging!

Esox Chaser
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Did I read "Rosie O'Donnell as the Snow Turtle"?
That explains the "prehistoric looking" part!
No wonder they seem so cranky!

Muskyfvr
03-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Wow. It looks like we have more ice in southern minnesota. They are still walking out on 2x10 planks to get on the ice to fish. Love that picture of the turtle.