PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Chad!

Bob Marshall
03-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Just thought I would share the story of what happened yesterday for me at Leesville Lake Ohio. After listening to your prespawn presentation at the Ohio Muskie Show, I took the information to heart and this was the result.

What a start to the season. Didn't have time to fool around with the boat tonight so after listening to Chad Cain's prespawn presentation at the Ohio Muskie Show I walked down to the dock and started casting a Rattletrap in the back of my bay. Much to my surprise about 10 minutes after I started I hooked a mid 30 inch muskie. No net, I decided to play it out and land it by hand. Things were going well until the fish took off and wrapped around a dock pole at my feet and broke off. D--n! Walked back up to the house and found a small bass size trap. Went back to the dock and about 5 minutes later hooked a dandy. Played it and played it, all the while hollering for my wife, but she didn't hear me. Finally was able to hand land it and a few seconds later Rhonda came out to call me for supper and I got her to bring a camera down. 42" and safely released. Great start to the season without even stepping in a boat.
Bob

Chad Cain
03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey Bob,

That is great! I am so happy that those patterns will work over there too. I kind of figured they would since our reservoirs are pretty similar. I had a guy email me that also had immediate success on Caeser's Creek using the same tactics. He also said he would of never dreamed to fish so shallow right after ice out, but it paid off for him too.

Congrats, and keep after them. Just think would you will be able to do from the boat!

davepark
03-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Bob,

So sitting up here in Minnesota with ice still on the lakes, I am a bit jealous that you are catching fish already. Your story begs one question though..... How come you did not bring a net back down with you when you went to get the new lure? :D

Bob Marshall
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
A bit slow mentally I guess.lol. Actually I probably didn't think lightning would strike twice that quick.
Bob