PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

ttabaleulb
03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Ok, I think we've had some discussions about batteries in the past, but I'm hopin to get some more info/advice from you guys. I'm hopin to find the best 12volt situation that I can have. I am currently using one that I bought from WalMart. Its been ok, but I have had some issues rechargin it. I've seen some very expensive (relative to my Walmart special) batteries and am wondering if its worth it to break down and make this purchase. I'm currently running a small 40lb thrust trolling motor, so I shouldn't have huge drain on it. But I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Jay

jah1317
03-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Jay,

Not to hijack but I had a simular question, will a regular battery charger do the job or do you need a deep cycle charger? Just wondering if thats what is giving you probs with your charging because I am betting your set up is real close to mine.

Thanks,

Jacob

Red Childress
03-15-2010, 06:56 AM
There was a great thread here several months ago about this. I will try to dig it up today if I have time. Just have to search the back pages to find it.

stushsky
03-15-2010, 08:33 AM
i purchased a pair of standard batteries from walmart 4 years ago. they are the best i have owned...quick to recharge and last on the water twice as long as the previous branded ones. not sure what the old ones were, i blocked that bad experience out...! as far as on-board chargers i won't own one again since the minnkota that came with my new boat fried two 2 year old batteries while showing that all was working properly while charging them!

Muskiekid
03-16-2010, 05:28 PM
I believe this is the other thread Red is talking about: http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/showthread.php?t=9724