PDA

View Full Version : Lake?

Noah Clarke
03-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone...I live in Ontario at the other end of Lake Erie so I mainly fish the Buffalo Harbour/Niagara river. My extended family and I are taking a trip this summer to Sandusky Ohio (renting a place on Lake Erie). I was wondering if you guys could recommend an inland lake to try for Muskies that is near Sandusky (within an hours drive or so) that has some decent action. I am hoping to slip away for a half day once or twice during the trip...
Thanks in advance...
Noah

bladeslinger
03-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Noah,

Within an hour will be tough. Probably the best lake close to Sandusky would be Clearfork (it's within the same area code) by Lexington, OH. Taking a straight line route, you're 1 1/2 hours away due south of Sandusky.

Your better option would probably be the Detroit River/Lake St. Clair - which is Michigan/Ontario waters.

Sandusky Bay and East Harbor have excellent bass fishing (largemouth and smallmouth); you can't go wrong around the islands, too - Kelleys and South Bass - depending upon the type of boat you have and cooperative winds. Walleye is the targeted species up there for the most part and the bass are plentiful.

shambone
03-15-2010, 03:04 PM
You might want to post this question on this site... http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=25
They might be more familiar with the northern part of the state.
Scott Shampton

crittergitter
03-17-2010, 07:52 AM
I am reasonably sure you could get to Clearfork within an hour or maybe hour and 10 mins or so from Sandusky. It's a nice small 700 acre resevoir that has a lot of structure, weed beds and such. It's got some big fish in it to. West Branch is in the Cleveland area, but I don't know if Sandusky is within an hour or so of that lake. It's a good lake to.