PDA

View Full Version : Not a Good Read.

Frank Walsh
03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
This was on the news tonight as well:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762

fishwizard
03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
So I’ve spent the last few months arguing with several local yokels down here in TN about keeping and eating 40”-50” muskies as well as trying to stop them from floating trout on balloons with single gut hook rigs, horrible mishandling, such as dropping them on the rocks and laying them in the grass for several minutes to look for a camera, and on and on, because we’ve been witnessing frightening numbers of fish being harvested out of the Thermal discharge of the local steam plant. So have I, and I’m guessing many others slowly been brainwashed into perpetuating this animal right propaganda BS, or is there just a fine line between wanting to protect muskies from ignorant abuse to sustain the population and this type of lunacy of outright trying to stop recreational fishing? TN fishing regs are about the loosest that I’ve seen in any of the dozen or so states I’ve fished in, and often I’ve had guys claim that restricting fishing methods and opportunities is slippery slope, so are they right? Should we actually try and reduce regs and restrictions, so that insanity like this has less of a foot-hold to reach out to other disconnected wack-jobs?

Where does it all end?

Ryan