PDA

View Full Version : 3/9/10

tim long
03-09-2010, 02:28 PM
The bite is starting to pick up I have been getting pretty good reports from my customers and around the lake. Most of the perch that I know of are being taken out of the 22-26 feet of water using a very subtle presentation with wigglers.

Personally I was fishing for my favorite, Mr.Walleye. I was trying a new ice fishing location for me. One that has been very good to me during the open water season. I will try to describe to you what I was doing and you can go from there. First, if you know anything about lake Gogebic you know that there is structure around the outer edge of the main lake then it drops off into a mud flat. So what I set for on Sunday night was; I found some rock structure closer to shore that was in about 11' of water and ran a straight line of tip-ups out toward the mud flat. We had one in 11' one in 14' one in 16' one in 20' one in 22' and one in 24' of water. That area was about 40 yards wide, so we had that break covered pretty good. Our tip-up in that 16' of water was our best hole. Picked up some short fish and then had a pig of 27 1/2 inches. we took a few pictures and let her go.

You can give me a call anytime at the resort for an updated report on whats going on and ice conditions.
Our contact information is listed below.

Keep conservation in mind when catching these big spawning perch so you can come back for years and catch more of these giant perch.

Thanks,

Tim Long