PDA

View Full Version : minnkota genisis on M1st

floydss
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
hey TY I know you like these motors so here you go there is actually 2 of them on there this is the bigger one

I have a Minn Kota Genises trolling motor with auto pilot for sale. It is 24 volt, 74 lb thrust with universal sonar and 60 inch shaft and quick release mount. The unit worked just fine when I took it off my boat. Im asking $700 or best offer. I will be at the Minnesota musky show in April and can bring along if anyone is interested. If you have any questions feel free to email me at mmagnum@netins.net or give me a call at 515-291-2852. I live in Iowa Thanks Mitch

Ty Sennett
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks a ton. That is the one I use on my boat. I don't think I would pay that much though. I think most are worth less than $300.00 at this point unless you find a guy that really wants one bad. If it were new it might be worth that much but even then it's been quite a few years since they manufactured the Genesis so getting parts is not an option if it breaks. And it will! At this point I have quite a few so unless it's a smokin' deal I would probably pass.

Thanks for the heads up though, much appreciated.

Ty Sennett
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Man that is high priced. Especially for a 12 volt 55 pound thrust one. Crazy.

Cold Front
03-11-2010, 11:37 PM
I know for a fact that there are no parts available for these motors. I've been to the junk yard where all the parts were dumped and destroyed. It was crazy all the heads had been drilled, all the shafts had been cut up and everything had been stripped for salvage value. Minnkota is about a block from my house and the junkyard is about three miles. Dedicated users, the price can only go up and the parts are going to get harder and harder to find.