PDA

View Full Version : Current status at Chamberlain??

walleyescot
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I am very ready to make a trip to Chamberlain to start the fishing season.

In normal years, I may have made two trips by now.

What is the latest? Heard the water levels may be high as in 1977 and the ice is very thick.

When will open water be here?

Thanks!!

SCOT HANSON
Shoreview, MN

tonts23
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
My brother and I are also interested in coming out. How far down can you get from the dam right now?

Mike Allen
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
I have updated our fishing report in the next post. Thanks Mike Allen

My brother and I are also interested in coming out. How far down can you get from the dam right now?

Mike Allen
03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
You can get to Kiowa Flats. Lots of really thick ice floating around the river yet, so you would have to be careful the farther south you get.

green machine
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Ya and there not fun and half scary when you hit them! We hit one on Tues. and it messed up my buddy's boat pretty bad!!! Some of those ice cubes were pretty BIG!

Mike Allen
03-21-2010, 01:46 PM
As of today the ice is still in Front of Chamberlain. It just shows you how thick it was this winter. We cannot believe that it is still there. I would think by next week we should be able to fish open water around town.

Mike Allen
03-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Ice is finally leaving Chamberlain. Open water in front of the marina, which is open. You will have to be careful for a couple of days until it is completely gone so you don't get trapped. You could fish the bridges today if you wanted.

Good luck on the water.

Mike Allen