PDA

View Full Version : bait stand

harborcreek musky chaser
03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
anyone know of a bait stand in warren that has large chubs or suckers?

Red Childress
03-04-2010, 01:12 PM
There has not been large live bait for sale in many years. Grizzly Gary Wert (and partner(s)) just bought the lone tackle shop in Warren a few days ago. I am not sure if he is going to try and get larger bait or not. It is so dang expensive these days to purchase "VHS free" bait that I kinda doubt he will attempt it, at least for a while.

The short answer is NO. Sorry to ramble.

lowbidder
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
They ought to be running up the creeks in a few weeks... huh? I remember seining foot-long suckers in a creek I could jump across in the early spring when I was a kid, but that was a quarter century ago.

Dig out a small holding pond in the backyard and net them out when you need them. You'll be a racoon's best friend! :p

McDunnoftheAllegheny
03-06-2010, 10:43 PM
i was at the bait shop in warren today and asked if they were going to get suckers again he said yes but didn't know when though and probably will still be a dollar or more each.

harborcreek musky chaser
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM
where is the bait stand located in warren ?

Red Childress
03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Pennsylvania Ave. right across the street from United Refinery/Kwik Fill gas station. If you drive across the Glade Bridge heading West, you will see it within 300 yards on your right.

jah1317
03-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Hey Red, Do you think that they will have another musky/outdoor show like they did last year? That little show was pretty cool and when I heard that they were going out of business I was bummed out now that someone bought it I am hoping they do it again this year!

jacob

Red Childress
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I am not sure but my guess is that there will be many shows there for all species. There might be some information on the shop at Grizzly Gary's web site. Just add a dot com at the end of his name and check it out.

Red Childress
03-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Girzzly is going to get larger suckers/chubs as soon as he figures out the best place to buy them. He is not sure when this will take place but it will be ASAP.