PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Meeting, March 9th, Lure Auction

Rob VanGorder
03-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Our annual Lure Auction will be held next Tuesday the 9th, 7:00 P.M. at PJ's Restaurant in Sunbury. We'll have a few quick announcements and some time to preview the auction items, and then auctioneer Thurman Adair will go to work. Don't miss it!

I have seen and heard about a lot of great items that will be on the table for this auction. Everything from downeaster rod holders to boat dollies to artwork to rods to spare fuel tanks. And of course, baits, baits, baits and more baits. We will have some marquis signature baits that are sure to bring some spirited bidding, but by the end of the evening (when Thurman gets tired) there will also be some incredible deals to be had.

As you put away all your new stuff from the show, be sure to dig deep and donate what you can to the table. Always a very fun night, this is an important fundraiser for the chapter.

If you plan to eat dinner at this meeting and if your schedule will allow it, please try to arrive early and eat in the restaurant. We're going to try to pull the tables from the banquet room to display everything and set up extra seats. We're expecting a big crowd, and we're looking forward to seeing some of the 15 new members who signed up with our chapter at the Ohio Muskie Show. We had another 20+ people talk to us at the show about joining and left with membership paperwork. We hope to see many of you at this exciting evening as well. Our meetings are open to the public and you do not have to be a member to attend or to get a number and bid on items.

See you at PJ's,

Rob

Rob VanGorder
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I got word this past week that our Chapter will be awarded the full amount of the Hugh C. Becker Foundation Grant that we applied for to support the Ohio Statewide Minnow Fund. I will have the details for everyone at the meeting Tuesday night the 9th. See you there.

Muskie51
03-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey I will be bringing a Cobra marine radio and antenna for the auction if anybody needs one.

Roughneck
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
The lure auction was a good time last nite. Big crowd and lots of good stuff on the auction table. Thurman Adair did a great job as the auctioneer again. I spent a little more money than I planned, but got some good stuff, including the bump board that George Smart made and donated. I'll attach some pictures of the baits and items on the tables and a picture of the "Thurmanator", in action.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this great fund raiser.
Mark