PDA

View Full Version : Great Morning

fatdog
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
It was a little windy this morning. I was using a portable and tried a spot i landed a few fish earlier this year. With only 1 guy fishing within 200 yards there was nobody else for a 1/4 mile. The spot really paid, seeing a nice mark on the vexilar i hooked a monster it felt like. It was 29" with a quick measure on the tape and back down the hole it went. 5 minutes later a few good marks were on the vexilar and no screwing around, a 27" was on the ice and another quick measure and back down the hole, to big for me to eat. I was not really paying attention and looked at the vex again and a fish was at my lure and grabbed it but i only dragged her up about a foot, felt like a 20 incher. So great morning for me. I was in 22.5 fow. Bite only lasted a hour.

weekend jimmy
03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Good job. Were you north or south of gladstone? And what was the hot jig you were using? I might try and make it out there this evening. I'm glad to here that the bite might be picking up. I have yet to catch one this year. Its getting old not catching anything. Any info would be great. You can PM me if you don't want to post much on here. Thanks.

fatdog
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
I thought this evening was real slow but at about 6pm i landed a 26 incher and 20 minutes later got a 24 incher. So 4 big eyes today with all of them going back down the hole.(morning 27,and 29inch).

birddog94
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Congrats:D had just enough time this weekend to hit a lake near home...Must have turned over or someting boy waas it cloudy stuff floating around everywhere...even out to 18 ft...after you drill hole alge floats up through hole