PDA

View Full Version : Gps Maps for Chip?

Nueces Bay
02-24-2010, 11:03 AM
I was wondering is anyone could recomend a gps map/chip that is decent for the chip?

deantre
02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't recommend the lakemaster chip, it takes all the challenge out of finding spots.

Nueces Bay
02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
I only get to fish the Chip for a 10 day stretch every year, so at that rate it will take me a lifetime to learn the lake. I really want a chip that shows the bars, vegitation and cribs. Is there such a thing for the chip? The more info it provides the better. I was eyeballing the lakemaster but havn't heard any first hand experience with it on the chip. Is it any good?

Ty Sennett
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I have both the Lakemaster and the Navionics chips and think they are both good. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They both miss some spots and are both right on on others. The Navionics is easier to read than Lakemaster though. That's for sure. If you have a small screen get the Navionics. If you are getting or have an 8-10 inch screen the Lakemaster is fine. You're going to find that either way you will have to learn the lake over every year because the weeds are different every year. New waypoints every year are key. There are a few shallow boat wrecking rock bars that both chips missed so don't solely rely on them for that.

Jason L.
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
boat wrecking rock bars

Ty Sennett
02-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Try saying that three times fast.

Snizz
04-28-2010, 08:29 AM
bUmP3d!!! for Dan H.

Dan H
04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Thank you very much. I figured this was topic was covered, but I didn't look back that far. Sorry about being repetitive. I got about two sentences into Ty's response and the answer was clear.

Thanks again,

Dan

figr8girl
04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
lakemaster is a very nice chip for the chip. Agree very much to the: don't count on it for everything............still need to be very careful.