PDA

View Full Version : New fishing reports

tim long
02-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Hello everyone,
I was asked by Outdoor Network if I would give a weekly fishing report for Lake Gogebic. I told them that I would do my best to give you folks a good honest report each week as to what is going on.
A little information about myself.
My Wife and I bought The Timbers Resort in June of 08. We came from central Wisconsin around the Lake Winnebago area. I have been a fishing guide for the Past 14 yrs and I am a United States Coast Guard licensed Captain. Before we came to The Timbers Resort I guided on The Lake Winnebago system, The Petenwell Flowage, And the Bay of Green Bay from Green Bay to Bay de Noc.
I am currently guiding on Lake Gogebic and the Bay of Green Bay.
I have two web sites that can give you some information about my guide service and our resort. The resort web site is: www.thetimbersresort.com
and my guide service web site is: www.eyes-guy.com

I will do my very best to post a report on Sunday or Monday of each week.
I would also like to let everyone know that I have started a Walleyes For Tomorrow chapter here on Lake Gogebic.

I believe that Lake Gogebic is a great fishery but at the same time we all have to keep conservation in mind so that we don't damage the resource that we are taking from.

The Lake Gogebic 1st annual W.F.T. banquet is set for May 8th. I am hoping to have a location of the banquet locked in by the end of this week or early next week. I will post that information as it becomes available.

The Lake Gogebic area Chamber of Commerce Spring Walleye Tournament will be held on the week-end of May 22nd

Thank you for joining in on this forum.

Tim Long

BiG ARN
02-26-2010, 07:11 AM
just spent the last 3 days on gogebic with some very poor results. we fished berglund bay..porcupine point and in front of the boat launch way down the lake 7-32 ft of water 4 guys 12 lines every kind of thing you could put down the holes! 3 undersize walleye to show for it. only marked 3 fish on the flashers the whole trip! it was rough we only fished the east shore....maybe the west shore is where all the fish are. snowed the whole time we were there and theres some serious slop under the snow in some spots on the north end of the lake. we werent expecting to much... knowing next month is when we should of went, but we couldnt believe we didnt even mark any fish. oh well bad fishing is still better then good days of sitting home.

Gary Parsons
03-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Fished there yesterday,
Fishing was tough for perch, but did catch a few walleyes while hunting for the yellow striped trophies. Did get a pattern together and ended up with one of the perch that was over 14 inches and almost 2 lbs. Seems like many of the perch are quite far off shore roaming the flats, not necessarily in the traditional close to shore flats. And the fish that bit actually went for more active jigging with wax worms, not wigglers held still.
Gary Parsons

eyemax1
03-11-2010, 06:33 AM
With the warmer weather as of late. What are the travel conditions like on the lake? Sleds only, or is atv travel ok?

tim long
03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
With the type of weather we are having the lake conditions will be constantly changing.
The main thing right now is that the shore lines are just fine with no problems getting out.
The second issue is; should we use Snowmobile or ATV to get out on the lake? Two days ago I said it was snowmobile only or ATV with tracks.
I'm thinking that today (Thur. March 11) you can get around on an ATV. for most of the lake. The thing is, that at night if freezes up tight and with no new snow you don't have any snow to lubricate your slides on your snowmobiles and you could burn them up getting off the lake.
just something to think about.

Let us know how you do.

Thanks,

Tim Long