PDA

View Full Version : Dnr

Goat
02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I have been fishing LBDN for 6 years now. I have read stories about the DNR being a pain in the @$$. We were fishing Saturday when a warden pulled up on his snowmobile. He was looking for fish samples. He took some time to talk with us. He was very infomative and very friendly. I ran into the same warden leaving the ice on Sunday. He was just as friendly. This was my first time dealing with the Michigan DNR and I was very impressed. The Wisconsin DNR could learn a thing or two.

CrankYanker
02-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Thats not a warden. He is a biologist.. And Yes he Is a nice guy

Benzie Rover
02-23-2010, 08:50 AM
actually, he's probably not even the regional biologist....although I guess it is possible... much more likely to be a fisheries technician or maybe even an off-season creel clerk... but none the less, definately NOT a Conservation Officer if he was just interested in collecting biological data with out any other questions...

Walleye Seeker
02-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I've heard of the DNR being out there Saturday with their dogs again when I came up over the weekend.(underage partying and such they busted last week)

But I wasn't worried about it, everytime I've been fishing on LBDNc they check my licsense or ask general questions about my fishing and how it's been what could need improving or just shoot the breeze, they have always treated me with respect.

It's one of the reasons why I keep returning to the LBDNc, plus the fish taste better.

tomjohn
02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I was fishing in BBDN off of Garden Bluff Sunday and five wardens came on their ATV's. They checked my license and my minnow slip. Off they went to check other people.

Ragboy
02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
I was fishing on Friday when we were approached by two wardens. We went out off our shack to greet them and noticed onn was a tribal warden and the other was a MI warden. After small talk for about 5 minutes, one asked us if we were tribal and none of us were. They told us they were from Traverse City and that they come to LBDN one weekend a year and this was it. There was a total of 4 of them. They never even looked at our licenses or anything.

When they left us, they went to the next group and all but tased them from what we could tell. All 4 wardens talked to different people in the group. One warden jumped off his atv before it even stopped and another was running after the guy drilling holes.

All said and done-we had nothing to hide so the more the wardens are out and about, the less violating or netting will occur.

jigrapper
02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey TomJohn....I see you are from the garden area. How's the perch fishing been off of Kate's Bay this winter. Last year there were some decent perch taken around the first of March. How much ice do you have out there.?