PDA

View Full Version : Product Review - Glowin' Outdoors

Paul Schlagel
02-18-2010, 07:42 PM
The 2010 musky opener is still a long way off. To help pass the off-season I've been writing reviews of tackle, gear, and stuff that made an impression during the '09 season. Here's the next installment.

Last year I picked up the Glowin' Outdoors Fishing Package. It was another one of those impulse purchases at a musky show - you probably know what I'm talking about because it's happened to everyone. I remember thinking, "I don't need this, but I'll give it a try." I've been fishing in the dark for over twenty years. I didn't really think that glow strips were needed, I didn't even think they'd make a difference. I've never had a hard time keeping track of the trolling motor footpad. I've never had trouble knowing which direction the motor is pointed either. Well, I was wrong.

Glowin' Outdoors makes glow-in-the-dark strips for marking your footpad and an arrow for marking the trolling motor head. The adhesive is a super strong 3M product and made it through the whole season without loosening at all. The way this stuff glows is amazing. I've fished an all-nighter, and the stuff was still glowing when dawn broke. Granted, that was in the summer when the nights were short, and it was getting dim in the morning, but the way this stuff keeps glowing is amazing. I used some extra strips to mark some of my planer boards. It was a bit hard to see the board, but it helped. I noticed at Milwaukee show that they now have strips specifically for planer boards that glow and are also reflective. I'm trying these on the boards this year.

The Glowin' Outdoors stuff is really helpful and makes night fishing easier.

http://www.glowinoutdoors.com/index.html

Paul Schlagel
02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
One more thing. The Glowin' Outdoors stuff is priced low. Only 15 bucks will get the Fisherman's Pack, and the shipping is free. For only the cost of a lure, this stuff will make you waaaaaaaaay more effective at night.

NateR
02-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Great tip, I will be ordering some after looking for my foot pedal many times last season in the dark. I have a floor light but only on one side. This will be sweet for only 15 bucks.

Nate