PDA

View Full Version : hole diameter

harborcreek musky chaser
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
mmmmmmmm heres a question. pa. regulations say 10 inches max ice fishing hole diameter. do you think a state record lunge at 55 plus pounds would fit through that ?

Anzomcik
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
mmmmmmmm heres a question. pa. regulations say 10 inches max ice fishing hole diameter. do you think a state record lunge at 55 plus pounds would fit through that ?

It would be tight but i think it would, The holes cir. is 31.4 inchs, so a musky 46inc long with that girth would put it over the PA record, but likely the fish would be in the mid 50s in length with a girth closer to 29-30 range. I know on papaer it says it would fit, and you got the squeeze factor if it were.

Lets say in therory it would, but that musky would not do it willingly.

But yes i think you can get a PA record fish through that hole.

stevewarner
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
I believe so because a 10inch hole has the diameter of 10x3.14=31.4 inches round so a girth of that size would fit and at 50inches or better long would be a state record for sure.

toothyfishman
02-19-2010, 06:15 AM
I guess that was the easy part.....it will fit.

Now you just need to get one on the underside of the ice and see if she wants to come through a 10" hole.:)

Probably one of the best times to beat the ole' record as far as the fishes weight goes.

Red Childress
02-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I hear about big muskies coming through the ice all the time. From the sounds of it, it is surprising how small of a hole a big fish will squeeze through.