PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 2-17-2010

Shane & Cathy
02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
We are expecting the panfish bite to be picking up steadily throughout the next week here in Tomahawk. Nice size slab crappies have already been coming in, 14" and up from out on the Spirit Flowage and some areas on the Somo. Ratfinkees, Rockers, and Demon Jigs n Small Spoons tipped with wax-worms have been working the best. Lake Alice has still been fairly slow on panfish, but the Northern bite is holding strong. They are beginning to cruise a bit shallower water near weeds searching for baitfish. Large Shiners are working great. Steady warmer temps will definitely help fishing conditions a great deal. Walleyes have been a bit finicky, so you may need to switch up your presentaion via smaller hooks, glow colors, and maybe some attractant beads. Medium Shiner, Fatheads, and Milwaukee shiners have been working the best.
See you all soon.

Shane N Cathy
Aquatic Arts

TKOFISHERMAN
02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Shane & Cathy I Will Be Coming Up This Weekend To Fish For Crappies. Any Info You Can Give Me On The Spirit Would Be Appreciated. It Is Definately Hard To Find Weeds Or Any Structure During The Low Water In Winter Any Tips? Possibly The Dam,narrows,rock Bars Etc. I Have A Few Holes I Do Okay Fishing But It's An All Day Deal To Catch Just A Few.
P.s. Still Waiting For Both Of You To Hook Up With Me During The Labor Day Week So I Can Turn You On To The Huge Largemouth Bite.
Take Care

packerfan80
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
just wondering how the fishing has been and how the ice is doing? be heading up saturday morning we will have 6 guys... one question?? where do can we access the lake up by the 86 bridge? we do have a snowmobile i see shacks out there just wondering where you access? thanks in advance...