PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks to go

Red Childress
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
We should be able to begin the 2010 open water musky season beginning the first of April up here in the frozen tundra of NW PA. If I can hold out until then, it will be the longest I have gone without fishing since 1990 (3 months). I think I can make it without an 'intervention' but I do not have much confidence at the moment.

jah1317
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I know what you mean red! This is killing me, new lures, new (to me) boat, strategies that I want try and the weather just won't cooperate. Well good luck working your way through the madness!

Take care,

Jacob

ttabaleulb
02-16-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm right there with you guys! As I'm planning to buckle down and mainly go with the flyrod, its gonna be kind of like I'm startin all over again. I'm not sure if thats good or bad, but I'm gonna have a hell of a good time finding out. LOL

I don't really have much in terms of new baits or tackle, other than a couple of new lure wallets (thanks Jacob) that I can fill with flies. :D I'm half tempted to go fire up the boat in the garage just to make sure shes ready to go once we get some open water. LOL

I'm hopin to explore some of the river fishin more this year. Although I'm already gettin myself into trouble by wanting to hit too many different waters. But oh well, as long as I'm on some water, that should be good enough.

Jay

lowbidder
02-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah... I find myself staring out the back door a lot lately.
This will be my first spring musky fishing and although I'm excited to get it underway, I realize that a lot of what I learned last fall probably won't apply to the spring season and I'll still have a learning curve to get past.

Minn Kota started their spring promotions yesterday and I promptly ordered my new trolling motor, so I'm really looking forward to trying it out on the river (I went with the Terrova btw).

I've also been looking to book a trip somewhere this summer. I'd love to do a trophy pike trip to Saskatchewan, but that stuff is high dollar...and if Uncle Sam keeps printing money, those trips to Canada are just going to keep getting more expensive with the weak dollar. :mad:

Red Childress
03-09-2010, 11:55 AM
With this nice week of 50 degree temps and rain coming for the weekend, my fishing attitude is gaining momentum. Ice is getting thin and I even saw the grass in my front yard yesterday for the first time since November.

Man it sure would be nice for the snow to be over. Fat chance.

Red Childress
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
The temps are suppose to be above 45 degrees the next 10 days!! Not too bad for the PA 'arctic circle'.

bdiggy
03-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Good! Let's get the temps out there primed for those CT guys that need to land more than 1 fish this time around!

Red Childress
03-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey Brian,

I was just thinking about calling you yesterday just to make sure things were still a go. Let's just hope we have better weather this time around!

See ya in May.

bdiggy
03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
We're counting down the days my man! When it comes to fishing, it's always a go for us!