PDA

View Full Version : Soft Weedless Baits for Musky???

Nueces Bay
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I just picked up some 9" soft plastic jerk shads and 10/0 - 1oz. weedless hooks. I bought them wanting to give them a try on some musky this summer fishing the weeds and slop. Anyone have any thoughts on this bait setup, am I wasting my time?

http://www.nuecesbay.com/weedless_musky.jpg

Snizz
02-09-2010, 09:40 AM
LOL that's awesome! I would throw it!

Trav
02-09-2010, 10:16 AM
I've been seeing a lot of fishing shows rigging up hollow belly swim baits just like that for pike. You can easily change the hook size and various weights to change your depth and just retrieve or work it like a jerk bait.

trav

Ty Sennett
02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
One thing that you may run into with this rig is missed fish. That's not an issue with bass or pike because they usually hit a second time after the miss but not with muskie. I hope I'm wrong and you stick every fish that hits but with most weedless rigs I've tried like the one you are showing I've had trouble hooking fish. That said, it might be your best bait. who knows.

Good luck,

Cold Front
02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
One thing that you may run into with this rig is missed fish. That's not an issue with bass or pike because they usually hit a second time after the miss but not with muskie. I hope I'm wrong and you stick every fish that hits but with most weedless rigs I've tried like the one you are showing I've had trouble hooking fish. That said, it might be your best bait. who knows.

Good luck,

I used a sizmic toad several times last year, lots of action, zero hook-ups. I'll keep trying because as I said I had good action.