PDA

View Full Version : Winter can't get any better than this!

Gail Hockett
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi All,
With winter deep upon all of us, I just wanted to take a moment and show some pictures of the beauty of winter. As you all know we have to get through winter before we can enjoy our wonderful summer on Lake of the Woods. So with the beauty of the birds and deer, it seems to make our winters go faster and of course ice-fishing really is the way to go. So as we view the wonders of nature it will not be long and we will be looking at the beautiful lake, the trees and grass will all be green and you will be sitting in a boat at Witch Bay catching the most beautiful Walleye or Muskie or Northern or Bass or Perch or Crappie you have ever seen and taking a picture of this wonderful creature that you have caught.

Gabbin Gail

P.S. The deer picture was taken about 20 minutes ago while I was talking on the Phone to Tom Dekarske about his fishing trip in July and August, this buck was at my bird feeder, he looks pretty healthy eh!
What do you think Tom?

WBC-Regular
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Great shots, Gail. That buck is doing well. It looks like he has lost zero weight during this winter. Probably because you are feeding him as well as you feed us guests during our visits to camp! :)

You said he was about 20 feet from your doors when you took the pictures. He sure didn't look alarmed at all. He was probably standing there wondering what was for dessert! Apple crunch topped with ice cream maybe?