PDA

View Full Version : Longest Dry Spell?

Red Childress
02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
How many consecutive outings have you gone WITHOUT putting a fish in the net? (can apply to all species)

My longest streak was 19 straight days (summer time) without putting a musky in the net back in 1995. I had been testing different baits at different times of the day trying to figure out some sort of pattern when I first moved to Warren. I am a much better fisherman for doing all that testing but those were some tough 15 hour days for sure.

Anzomcik
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Well i do not know the amount of days, but i had gone five months with out a musky in the net. It was this past summer, i fished at least 1 day a week, mostly 2 days a week. It was me getting my sea legs, like Red has said i feel i am more well rounded for it. I had alot of action from fish but murphys law always took them away from me. Live and learn

lowbidder
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
8... and counting. Haha!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
im goin on 12 days ive been out every weekend but one recently except one and have had no musky action this winter fishing is very aggravating....

MuskyBob2
02-09-2010, 12:24 PM
You think thats bad top this for the longest dry spell. I started fishing musky in 1973 and although I had some follows, hooked some and lost a couple at the boat, I didnt get one in the net until 1986. Back then there was not a lot of "how to" info, musky mags, esox books, or internet so I learned the hard way trial and error, locations, tackle, presentation, weather, moon, etc. Not many people targeted musky back then like they do today so even the local baitshops werent much help. Happy ending though, 1987 through today almost 150 in the boat. Current dry spell is 12 days (sunup to sundown). Thats the way the way it goes. I figure the longer the dry spell, the closer to a multiple fish day.