PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend!!

MillerHighLife
02-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Headed up with a few good friends from Northern Illinios. 2 of us have been fishing the bay for several years and the other 2 guys were new to the area. This was by far the best I can recall. We released at least 12 fish over 9 lbs with the largest being 12 lbs- 32" The smallest fish we caught was 4 lbs. We only took home 3 of the smaller fish just for proof for the wife. LOL Deep water was the ticket. The quote of the weekend was "Bobber's Gone Dude". Had trouble with the pics so I will send to the bait shop guy.

Benzie Rover
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM
congrats on the crazy score!...some serious beef there!! easisly the best hardwater report I've heard of in a few winters... (well, since Haney was posting all his pics back 3 years ago)... it was the complete opposite story for our group this year... it was our worst year in a decade or so... oh well, glad someone can find them up there still cause we've darn near given up on the bay during hardwater.... and you had newbies along to boot... very, very impressive!

The Bait Shop Guy
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Here you go. Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time. Care to share any helpful hints? Not looking for locations, but techniques or baits. Based on the pics, it looks like most of your activity was before sunrise or after sunset.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
And a couple more...

The Bait Shop Guy
02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
And the last two.

Tugboat
02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
MillerHighLife, You said deep was the ticket, how deep? I been in some 30 to 35 ft spots that been a little slow lately.

Walleye Slayer
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Im looking on sum pointers on a where abouts u were?terrace,yellow gate,kipling?Also if u could share sum info on what u they were bitting that would be awesome.Thanks much.. JEFF!