PDA

View Full Version : Good Weekend

Swamp Rat
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Started saturday morning fishing off of the escanaba river. At 8:00 hooked my first fish. A 22 incher. 10 minutes later hooked another fish. This 1 was 16 inches. Marked lots of bait fish. Sometimes the bottom 12 ft. was full of it. If u looked down the hole u could c the baitfish swimming by. My next fish came about 5:00. Another 22 incher. Put my line back down and caught a 15 incher right away. All caught on a #5 firetiger tipped with a minnow head in about 35 fow. That was it 4 the day. Missed a few others also. Sunday I decided 2 try a different spot. Went down behind the sheriff`s department crossed the shipping channel and headed between the lighthouse and the coal docks. Got set up in about 35 fow. around 4:00. Started marking fish right away. Couldn`t get any takers until about 6:00. Got a little crazy 4 the next 45 minutes. Ended up landing 4 keepers 24,22,18,16. Also had one throwback. All caught on same #5 firetiger. Good weekend 4 me the way my years been going. Congradulations 2 all the winners in the Jug Bourdeau event. Maybe next year I`ll catch something bigger 2 bring in. Oh well at least I`ll have some good eaters 4 the table tomorrow night.

fatdog
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
real nice catch, where do you guys park to go between the docks and lighthouse to fish. how thick is the ice there.

Swamp Rat
02-08-2010, 07:01 AM
I parked behind the sheriff department. There was 12 inches of good ice. Little rough where the boat went through but safe.