PDA

View Full Version : RFRG 2/6 Icefishing w/Muskie Matt Updated 2/7

Muskie Matt
02-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Gotta love mixing technology n fish... eh?

There's a nice steady bite going on for walleyes, not blazing action but consistant if you put the time in and set up in proven areas. Yesterday evening wasn't filled with tons of action but there were two definate times that saw 4-5 flags pop giving us two little pike and two keeper wallys. These runs were short-lived, 30 minutes maybe, but everything was caught during these "spells". Just one of those evenings, sometimes we'll find the "bite" being one flag every 40 minutes or so and sometimes the "flurry effect" is the rule... then of course there's always the "Dead Sea effect", hate that one!

I'm still having my best results with small shiners, been that way all winter. We're picking up everything from pike n bass, to walleyes n bigger crappies on them, even those pesky perch will trip you every now and then.

Get some small shiners, set em' 18-24 inches off bottom, make sure you're not in a weed clump, and get yourself a good fish fry for Super Bowl Sunday!

bang2568
02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Nice eye!

By the way -- Love the hat.

Muskie Matt
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Just a quick update... Fished yesterday afternoon/evening till 6pm or so and the dreaded "Dead Sea Effect" was in place... I have to say it didn't surprise me. Before setting out yesterday I reviewed the weather forecast and remember thinking "I'd rather fish Sunday, that looks like the evening to be out" with a little weather system moving in, winds shifting from N/NE to S, overcast, in a nutshell... change.

As we're having a Monday night show this week, I just may head out this afternoon...

And thanks, that hat has become my winter favorite. Besides keeping my follicle-ly challenged dome warm it publicly presents a certain inner attitude nicely... yarrrrrr!