View Full Version : Leno's first ice fishing experience

Gail Hockett
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi All,

Michael came home this past weekend with his friend Leno, who is from Venezuela, and he has never ice fished before, let alone see a lake covered with ice or even snow for that matter. Leno goes to the same University as Michael does. Well, Leno had a great time and thanks to my son in law Dan who provided the ice auger and ice fishing camaraderie. They fished the whole day and had non-stop fishing, they caught lots of Walleye and of course Michael loves his Ling and this is what the two boys brought home was 3 ling and 1 Walleye the rest were all released. They cleaned the fish and if you know anything about Ling they need extra special care of cleaning, they packed up the fish to take home for a fish fry, which Leno has never tried. So Michael is going to do a winter shore lunch for Leno and Leno plans on visiting this summer to enjoy the fishing when the weather is warm and of course enjoy the fresh fish cooked without being frozen first. Enclosed you will see the pictures that Leno took and thank you to Leno, because Michael always forgets his camera. Enjoy them and when Michael comes home for reading week, we will take more pictures when he goes ice-fishing, I also hear that Hank is packing his truck to visit us in Kenora and will also be doing some ice-fishing and I think I will have to fish a day with Hank and Michael. I will post our activities as they happen.

Always,
Gail
Witch Bay Camp