PDA

View Full Version : Hours of operation

former_yooper
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Chris .... what time will you be closing Friday night? What time will you be opening Saturday morning? I am traveling up from Marinette for the Jug Bourdeau tournament and I will not arrive in Esky until 5:30 or so your time. If you are still open, I would like to come in Friday night to avoid the rush at opening Saturday morning.

I will be asking for advice on where to go and what to use. I plan on driving my truck along the shoreline from the Terrace and then walking the remainding way over by the river mouth since I do not have a sled or quad. I heard a few nice fish have been picked out of there in the last 2-3 days. Since I have not fished the bay since last years tournament, I do not know where to many spots are. I did decent last year over there so I can only hopr for the same results.

Any help from any of you guys is greatly appreciated.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
We are usually open until 6 pm on Friday nights, and try to be open a little after 6 in the morning on Saturdays.

I really wouldn't recommend driving a truck off the Terrace just yet. There is a pressure crack close to shore in shallow water. I have not seen or talked to anyone that has driven a truck over it yet. We had one customer today say he saw someone off the Terrace in a truck, driving towards the river mouth tonight. THAT'S JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!! From what I've been told, there's only about 7 inches of ice down there. Fine for quads, but not for full sized vehicles. Sounds like the pressure crack runs right in front of the old jet fuel dock, and the ice is even thinner there!

See you Friday night.

RudyG
02-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Definately wouldnt suggest going over the pressure crack with a truck! It changes in a matter of hours.

Some drive between the crack and shore, going south from the Terrace about a half mile or so.. "half way to the old jet fuel pier"..there's all of a foot of ice and very little water under it.. but wouldnt recommend driving much further. You'll see where other trucks have been parking and offloading their wheelers. Crossing the crack and heading out can be tricky on a wheeler or even on foot. As I said, it heaves up in just a matter of hours.

Just south of where you park, there is a second crack running east that connects to the North/south crack and goes east about a half mile .. on the north side of that there's about 7 inches of ice.. on the south side.. less.. Guys have been going out about a half mile and around the east/west crack where the ice is thicker, then turning south. Your looking at about 1.5-2 miles from where you would park to the mouth as the crow flies.

Hope that helps.. sorry for the bad news.