PDA

View Full Version : 2-3-10 snow on the ice

The Bait Shop Guy
02-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Finally got a little bit of snow the other night. As you can see, all of Green Bay has ice cover http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=m&page=1&template=sub&image=t1.10034.1628.LakeMichigan.143.250m.jpg

Been hearing of a few people venturing south of Escanaba, but I wouldn't recommend it just yet. A few people are fishing around the mouth of the Escanaba River. You'll need to drive south from the Terrace access to fish down there. The area around the ore docks has been pretty well tore up by recent shipping activity. They just brought a boat in yesterday that was docked at the power plant. That channel will effectively cut off ore dock access from the north.

I got out for a couple hours last night. Marked plenty of fish again. Pretty steady fish activity from 5:30 to 6:20. They were a little more responsive than the last couple trips, but still not what I would call "aggressive." Went 2 for 3 with the 2 I landed just being 15 inches. Too close for my liking, so they went back. Got 1 and lost one on a #1 Red Grape Shiver Minnow. Got the other one on a live rosy red near the bottom on a plain hook.