PDA

View Full Version : Off to Tennessee!!

Chad Cain
02-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I am leaving today to film a TV show with the Keyes Outdoors Crew down in Tennessee. We are fishing the Collins River with guide Dwayne Hickey. Wish us luck as the weather is taking a turn for the worse down there, and if we can get a show out of this, I am sure Keyes will get it aired within the next couple weeks. Really hoping to get some fish on our new Krave Jr. that will be coming out with this spring!!

hawkeye9
02-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Seriously...my wallet can't take you guys coming out with another "must- have-bait." Actually, makes all the sense in the world. Haven't had a chance to get those Krave's wet yet, but I sure like the idea of a junior for early spring. Can't wait to hear about you guys getting bit on them. Good Luck and I'll look forward to seeing the show!

Chad Cain
02-06-2010, 05:35 PM
What a BLAST!! The first day, Thursday the 4th, was really the only day we got to fish due to the crappy weather down there, but we made up for it!!! In total, we hooked 14 fish, landed 6, and had several other follows. What really made me happy was the Krave Jr. was definitely the hot ticket. In the first few minutes of being on the river, I landed 3 fish in 4 casts on the new bait!! 5 of the 6 fish we caught were on it.

We didn't land any big ones, but we lost a couple, and saw one really nice fish that just wouldn't hit. All in all, a great trip. The only problem was that once it started raining, it didn't quit for over 30 straight hours. That created flooding in the river and extremely muddy conditions. Needless to say, we had to cut our trip short. Just think if we would of had 3 good days on the river!!!

The show will air on Fox Sports North probably the weekend of Feb. 20th. If you don't get FSN, you can go directly to Keyesoutdoors.com and download the show from their website.

Baryonyx
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Chad,
It was great getting to fish with you guys this weekend, even though I was doing more boat handling than anything. Man, anytime someone gets turned on to the fishery down here, I'm happy. I'm just glad Dwayne got a GREAT day of filming...the weather, and in turn, that fishery can be fickle, one day pristine blue, the other it looks like someone dumped 5 tons of nesquik in it. The lake is a great fishery too and should've given a better show than it did. Just a few days earlier many of those spots we hit were producing fish. Heck I got a 32 pounder from shore at our last up river spot, but they just weren't there and active that day. Oh well...hopefully it'll get our fishery some out of state attention that will make the TWRA stand up and take notice of the potential we have here, and also get Dwayne some clients. He's too good a guide and guy to be doing this as rarely as he is. He know show to put people on fish and show them a good time too. Great bait, by the way, I look forward to trying it on rockfish and BIG brown trout down here [we got some 20-30 poudners swimming around down here]. Those big browns act more like musky than trout anyway. Good fishing!
-Cory

muskie_man
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Any chance the krave jr will be available at the ohio show chad? Thanks

Chad Cain
02-10-2010, 07:49 AM
I can bring along a sample of the bait, but we won't have our production run until April. Sorry about that. This bait really wasn't supposed to come out until next winter, but things have gone smoothly and we will have it out this spring.