PDA

View Full Version : First Muskie Hunt - AML the's place!

GA_hunter09
01-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Hats off to Steve Herbeck and the AML staff. I made my first Muskie hunt during Oct 3-8 at AML coming up from Alpharetta, Georgia, USA. I had a great time thanks to the outstanding guides - Andy, Mike, Tony & Scott. During the first few days, had my shares of follows and missed 'em, but got the hang of it thanks to the direction and coaching from the guides. Landed four muskies all over 36" with one being 48" (photo attached)!! Also, got our share of Walleye and pulled in a couple of nice Pikes, one being a unique Silver Pike. Paul Lascik, who introduced me to this experience, landed a lifetime achievement with a huge 52" muskie while there. All my friends who have seen photos of Paul's and my fish are amazed. I believe we've got a group of four pulled together to head back up next fall. Can't close without a special thanks to the lodge staff. I've traveled extensively and haven't had that good a food and service in top class hotels. Great place and great people. Look forward to visiting again and suggest anyone else looking for a great fishing trip - call Steve and AML. Anyone else from down south, beware - it can get a little chilly in October (check out the other photos), but still a helluva good time.