PDA

View Full Version : Cortland Lines

Red Childress
01-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Does anyone want to share their experiences with the Cortland braids?? It appears each single braid is coated instead of just having a coating on the outside of the entire weave.

R Findlan
01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Hey Red,

My Dad and I have been using 80lb Spectron for years with no problems. 2 years ago I switched to the new 100lb Bronzeback Masterbraid for casting. It is the best line I have ever used. It very rarely frays and can really take a pounding on rocks. I read some where that Cortland said the Spectron was a better trolling line and Masterbraid was a better casting line but I can't remember why. The only draw back about the the Bronzeback is around freezing conditions the 100lb test really soaks up the water and really expands.

Have you seen a picture of the Lewis Walker fish yet? If not I can bring one to the Butler show for you to look at.

Reed

Red Childress
01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey Reed,

So is it safe to say the Bronzeback absorbs a lot of water?? That is how the Tiger Braid was....very, very tough but it did not have a waterproof coating. As for the Walker fish, I have not seen it yet and thanks for your offer.

Joe M
01-27-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree with Reed. It is great line but you will get wet when casting. It holds a bunch of water.

Red Childress
01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
The ad in MH just this past issue advertises the Cortland as being "individually" coated for more protection. I wonder if that is the way it has always been made or if their is a "new and improved" version coming out for 2010??