PDA

View Full Version : Ice Conditions

pinnowc
01-20-2010, 08:17 AM
All,

I've been reading the posts on here regarding the ice conditions, so I know what the talk is, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm planning to come up on Jan30th to fish and I don't have access to a sled or a 4-wheeler. Are there a lot of full-sized trucks out on the lake driving around. I realize the conditions will probably not improve this weekend witht he warmer temps, but the beginning of next week looks very promising for firming up what's there and adding with the lows in the single digits in the forecast. From some of the photos I've been seeing on here, it doesn't look like much of anything for snow cover on the upper bay, so it should make ice fast. I typically fish straight across from Kipling along the break line north of the Narrows.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Wally Eye (aka Sassa Frass)

fatdog
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
driving straight out off of kipling should be fine as i have been doing that for a little while now. there is a little hump and crack north of butlers island so be careful of that. i usually steer left a little off the launch and then head out slow through the crowd then fine from there.

Ifishok
01-20-2010, 04:26 PM
I fish in the same general area as you plan on pinn and trucks are all over by me, my shack was sitting on 13 inches as of sunday, feel free to put up another post close to when your leaving or send me a pm and I'll let you know.