PDA

View Full Version : Military "Appreciation Day" is Sunday

Red Childress
01-20-2010, 07:57 AM
If you are a VET or currently in the Military, you are eligible to fish with me for free this Sunday (1/24).

The first person replying to this post expressing a serious interest in fishing on the Allegheny River this Sunday will receive a free 8-hour musky trip. If you want to bring a friend (or better yet another military friend) that is fine.....all you have to do is be the first to reply and then we can set up the trip. (Sorry for the short notice but I had a last-minute cancellation and this idea all came about last nite.)

All you have to do is get a ride to Warren....I will handle the rest. I will provide food and drinks, if necessary.

A 2010 fishing license will be your responsibility.

Thanks to all who have served or are serving our country!!

muskie24/7
01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
What a class act! Thats just awsome! You will get rewarded for doing things like this some day! My hats off to you! These guys are the reason we are able to do the things we do! Good job!

Brian

Red Childress
01-21-2010, 08:25 AM
The boat is going to launch on Sunday (and maybe Saturday depending on what the "house foreman" has to say) whether I am alone or with some guys so why not make the offer??

I always appreciated the theme of the movie "Pay it Forward".

RiverRunt
01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Nice one, Red. That's great!

Red Childress
01-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I did not realize I was that ugly. Will it change your mind if I wear a mask and take a shower before we board the boat??

I might have to call my partner and see if he is up for a river excursion. :)

Anzomcik
01-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I did not realize I was that ugly. Will it change your mind if I wear a mask and take a shower before we board the boat??

I might have to call my partner and see if he is up for a river excursion. :)

WOW no one yet, i thought for sure that would have been filled by now!! I hope you find somone to take, thats a great offer you are giving

Tiller
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
I wish I was a vet!! Thank you for supporting our military.

Red Childress
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
My partner and I have 2 fish up to the boat, one was pretty hot but neither would bite. The weather stunk after 11am and we quit around lunch time.