PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report from LOTW

walleyemaxx
01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone.

Well my first ever trip to LOTW is in the books.My 3-day weekend turned into a 2-day affair after smacking a deer an hour from home thursday night. After having my car towed back to town and then making arrangements to get it fixed, I loaded up my wifes car on friday morning and started out again.

Made it to the sleeper shack at 6pm on Friday evening. Just in time to find out that LOTW Walleyes usually don't bite well after dark. On Friday, my fishing partners did well all day long with out me, but after dark, they shut right down. I put a tipup in all night on each night , and never had a hit on it. Not even a burbot.

For the 2 days I was there, Between the 4 of us, we managed to catch 50 saugers 6 Walleyes and a burbot. On Friday, the day I missed, the three other guys caught about that number. The bite got progressively slower each day. The biggest Walleye hauled up was 19", but they managed 3 of them. Most of the saugers were in the 10" range with a few between 12 to 14".

Staying in a sleeper shack sure is different. You are at the mercy of the guy who set up the shack, and they don't move it when you are there. Next time up, I will bring my snowmobile and do it the way we do things around here. keep moving till you find the fish. I quess I like to drill my own holes and find my own fish. If you like to fish in a warm shack and do nothing but jig and stare at the vexilar until a fish comes along, then you shoul try a sleeper shack on LOTW

walleyemaxx
01-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Nice day's catch from LOTW