PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best fri. fish fry buy the Rock

Joe
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I use to love shipwreck but there service has been horrible as of late.Any suggestions Thanks

mister zero
01-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I really like the woodbine friday night fish fry. Their saturday night prime rib buffett is fantastic too.

WD Joe
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Little Crane and Alex's in Necedah are both pretty good. Been looking but have not found a great one!

Joe
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Went to Alecs saturday,that place was wild.Always like that?Did not eat there just drank.Boy was fishing lousy.

WD Joe
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Gotta love a bar that gives free shots when the train goes by!!

Joe
02-14-2010, 09:06 PM
LOL we got a free shot at ALECs,hows there food heard they have a good prime rib.

WD Joe
02-15-2010, 09:18 AM
The Food is very good!

Prime Rib on Sat nite is excellent and a huge cut.
The Prime Rib sandwich is also great.

Joe
04-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Anyone try the food at South Shore,they are new and I have not checked them out.

danthefisherman
04-08-2010, 07:45 AM
South Shore has all you can eat cod or walleye on Friday nights. Blackened, fried or broiled. Great food, great atmosphere and really good martini's if you're into that. Hands down my favorite spot on the lake.

Joe
04-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Thanks Dan gonna try South shore for ther walleye this year ate there before but it was the other owner.Love the beach over there.Ever had the fish fry at pine cove I hear its good I know they got a great hamburger.

justnotcatchin
05-17-2010, 08:20 AM
South shore, do not waste your time, walleye? did not look or taste like anything close, asked for manager (would never do this unless very upset) showed us the frozen sample, perhaps whitefish, was told walleye, switched to cod, slightly better, left.
went to jacks, got left over fish bits, real fish!!

Joe
05-23-2010, 08:36 AM
LOL were you there this friday thats when my wife and I had the fish fry.Heard a couple of guys behind us complain.I had the walleye tasted very fishy never had walleye that fishy tasting before.Then had it blackened,and could still taste the fishiness.Wife said the Cod was good.Nice place will never eat walleye there again but would like to try something else.Stick with shipwreck for walleye even with the lousy summer service.

justnotcatchin
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Yep, that was us! after long day on the lake expected some great fish (didn't bring any back:)

AL C
05-30-2010, 01:36 PM
$2.00 box of shore lunch and a couple of fresh walleye or crappie fillets fried up at your house is the best fish fry on the rock(lol)!!!!!!wouldnt trust any restaraunt around here that says walleye fry!the spot in the woods bar on cty j in adams county has pretty good cod and potatoe pancakes.little oles bar in dellwood also has a good cod fry!

Jerry Tipping
05-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I'll second Spot In The Woods. We had the cod there Friday night and it was great. Cole slaw could use some work. The cod is breaded not battered, just the way I like it.
I'll be back! They also have one of the best pizzas in the area.

Jerry

Joe
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
what a great walleye fish fry at Shipwreck 1 plus hour wait and when we sat down 1 hour and 28 minutes later we got our fish after complaining.Two and a half hours for walleye.Had the Cod Sat. at Woodbine,fantastic.I sure love fish

Joe
08-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Has anyone tried the Buckhorn Cafes pig roast on thursday or saturday and if so is it any good.Thanks

Luke McGarry
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Four of us ate at South Shore Friday night. We had some cocktails at the bar before eating. The food was excellent, but our order got goofed up on one of the four plates. I kept the plate anyway. However, we waited over 45 minutes from the time we sat down to when our food arrived. How long does it take to bake or fry fish!!! We had two baked walleye, one baked cod and one fried cod. The baked cod should have been fried. The restaurant did try to make amends by providing a plate of three whole filets of fried walleye on the house.

keep in mind that when you order you are not getting whole sides of a fish. they sell them as 2, 3 or 5 pieces. we ordered 3 pieces and actually got 3 cut up pieces of one filet. Thick filets, but not three whole ones.

The food is good, but the service is agonizingly slow.

Luke

WD Joe
08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
The Pig Roast at Buckhorn Cafe is very good!!
All you can eat pork, potatoes, and sweet corn. $10

BBQ sauce has a very somkey flavor. The seating area outside is very nice!!

mister zero
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
UGH, South shore? Mediocre food at gormet prices. We ate there once and vowed never to go back. Then I heard the ownership changed hands and we decided to give it another shot. It was worse. How they can expect to charge those prices for that food is beyond me. I understand it is very nice inside, but the food has to match the atmosphere to be able to charge what they do. I would rather drive into Mauston to CJ's for great food and an average setting. I never had South Shore's fish fry, but the rest of the menu is not impressive at all.

Joe
09-16-2010, 04:36 PM
I agree about South Shore Zero,have you tried the mexican resteraunt in Mauston.I have it aint bad plus you can get a 1.99 maragerita at certain times.